Sunday, June 26, 2005

“Never looking back or too far in front of me"

Written: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 on: www.xanga.com/skillzguymon


“We got arms but won't reach for the skies
Waiting for the Lord to rise

I look into my daughter's eyes
And realize that I'ma learn through her”(Common)

Hannah’s a little congested these days, so we have been trying to do the whole booger sucker thing…

I’m not sure if it is really working. She seems to be alright though. The other night I was up entertaining her till 2:00a.m. Then Heather grabbed her and rocked her and she fell asleep. That was Sunday night, but other than that she is growing and happy.

http://babysites.com/sites/guymon7237/

This is the new site Heather started for Hannah it is a little more nicer, It lets you share a lot more about Hannah and her growth than just pictures like the msn site. So go ahead and check that out. We usually try to update it with one or more pics every day.

“Never looking back or too far in front of me
The present is a gift
and I just wanna BE”(Common)

I try and do exactly this, everyday I try and not think or worry too much about what the futer holds for me. I mean I believe it is important to make goals, and also be pushing for some type of progression in the future, but I’m not speaking of this when I say I try not to worry about the future. It is more of the things I really don’t have much control over. Some things in life we don’t have control over happening to us. All we have to do is react in the correct ways. So I just try to stay in the present, and move through my life living for today, and not in yesterday, wishing I could go back, and at the same time I’m not trying to wish for things to be different as far as wishing I was living in the future. I just want to treat today as a gift.

In one of my areas on my mission there was this huge hill we had to walk up every day. I remember for the longest time I would walk up it staring at the top, and as I took each step it was like the hill just continued to grow, and appeared to never end. The heat would pound down on me, and the weight of my feet would start to grow heavier each step I took forward. Complaints would start to shower my mind. I would turn around and look back down the hill trying to see how much progression I made, and some times I would look back and wish I was back down the hill. So then one morning I started up the hill staring up to the top, and then I stopped and I thought I’m just going to look down, and just concentrate on where I am at that exact moment. When I did this, my climb to the top began to move quicker, the sun didn’t seem to be beating down so badly. That’s when it struck me, that life will be a lot easier to bare if I just be happy and content with today…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share any comments or questions, however, I do reserve the right to delete off-topic, inflammatory, or anonymous comments.

Also if you try spamming my comments you will DEFINITELY be deleted as soon as I see it.