Thursday, October 05, 2006

Learning

Sometimes I have to remind myself that right is not always easy. It has been said, "Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, which leadeth to destruction, and many there be who go in there at; Because strait is the agate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."1

Many times when life gets hard and difficult I begin to get discouraged that perhaps I have erred, and perhaps I have made some wrong choice, or have sinned. Then I have to remind myself that the right choice is not always the easy choice. What does that exactly mean, well it means that trials, hardships, obstacles, struggles, and tribulation are not in any way signs of sinning, nor is it a punishment.

We are all here on this earth to learn and grow, and the only way to learn and grow is through struggle, and pain. I read something the other day, I've read it many times before, but it was inspiring to read this last time, "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes."2

No one's life is easy, and all too often I get caught up in the belief that if I had more money then I would be happy, and ok, or if I had two cars, or if I had a house to call a home. Although all of these would be great comforts they in know way ensure mine, or anyone else's happiness.

Am I idlely wasting away my days with blind faith in God, is my trust in him in vain because of my slothfulness? I would fight the fight that my efforts are in the eternal progression of my soul, and I am in a constant battle to improve, and be perfected. It is a long and slow battle, but I feel that each and every day I am making the small steps in the right directions. Sure I slip and fall throughout my journey.

It is funny I was explaining it to a friend the other day, and the best I could do was to compare it to math, which I am terrible at, but it was the best comparison I could come up with to illustrate life. You see first you need to learn the formula, to figure out the problems of life. Once you figure out the formula you study it. However even if you have a great knowledge of the functionality of the formula many times you will still get the wrong answer. So in life I can honestly say that I know the formula, yet still many times I get the wrong answer. Whether it be out of pride in my knowledge in the formula, to where I try to speed through the problem, and stumble and fall, or whether I grow lazy, and carelessly fall to the way side, regardless of the reasoning I still get the wrong answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share any comments or questions, however, I do reserve the right to delete off-topic, inflammatory, or anonymous comments.

Also if you try spamming my comments you will DEFINITELY be deleted as soon as I see it.