Friday, August 29, 2008

Pink

pink, slightly swollen, throbbing with pain, itchy, and a fair amount of gunk was the condition of my left eye at around 3:30 am when I awoke and then was unable to get back to sleep until after I accidently woke Heather up in what was seeming to be an endless search for the eye drop medication in hopes of bringing myself some sort of temporary relief for the remainder of the night. I finally fell back asleep around 5:30 or 6:00.

To all the irresponsible parents out there who allow their children who are infected with such highly contagious diseases like pink eye, please don't allow them to go swimming in the community pool at your apartment complex, or jump and hang from the necks of friendly neighbors such as myself, and then at the end of the night casually mention that your child has pink eye.

KEEP YOUR KIDS WITH CONTAGIOUS DISEASES TO YOURSELF!

Especially since this is the second time this week that it has happened, and from two different kids.

Since I try to remain as positive as possible and being that today was FUNday, I have to add that my day was spent in bed watching season 1 of Arrested Development (Thanks Amanda), which in all reality no one can consider that a BAD day now can they?

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Shane I would be absolutely peeved and give those idiot parents a piece of my mid personally. I'd also take the bill for the doctor visit and medicine to them. Idiots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh dangit- I heard about your pink eye incident and the pool and everything. How aweful. Since Jake is sick I've stayed in the house all week skipping church, playgroups and institute. It is boring but at least I won't get other sick.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share any comments or questions, however, I do reserve the right to delete off-topic, inflammatory, or anonymous comments.

Also if you try spamming my comments you will DEFINITELY be deleted as soon as I see it.