Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Holidays!


Little Einsteins from Shane Guymon on Vimeo.

Thanksgiving went well for us. We decided to make a short hop and a skip to San Antonio (Live Oak) to spend thanksgiving with my mom. Mark (and it was his birthday!) and his family were also planning on making the voyage, and Matt is living in San Antonio again right now, so that brings all the boys home with their mom. Our car performed beautifully the entire trip (as of today it is still in the shop baffling the minds of the mechanics.) there and back. Ethan fried two turkeys and my mom baked another. Along with that my mom slaved in the kitchen making mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls, and sweet potatoes. So anyways Mark showed up a little late with his family, but other than that, it was nice to see everyone and spend a little time with everyone. Hannah also enjoyed playing with her cousins, and still misses them.

We got back that night, and the next morning decided to put up the Christmas Tree, and all other decorations as well as watch some Christmas classics like, "Rudolph The Red Nosed Rain Deer," and other cheesy holiday movies on "The Family Channel." We also decided to make a trip to the mall on "Black Friday" where we ended up spending about 40+ dollars on Hannah at the Disney store. Her favorite cartoon of all time is Little Einstein's and when she saw all four of the characters she picked each up and called them by name in a very excited tone of amazement. Before we knew it she was hugging all four at once and looking up at us with her big blue eyes. We tried to get her to only pick one or two of her favorites, because when she first walked in, she became equally excited with a play, tea set, with a serving cart included, which was on sale for $20.00. The Little Einstein's were being sold for 2 for $10. Hannah insisted on having to have everything, and being that I was all Christmasfied with the decorations and movies and such, well we traveled home with them all.

Movies I watched:

Live Free or Die Hard: Awesome action, and a decent story!
Meet The Robinson's: I found it enjoyable, Hannah wasn't too entertained.
Shreck 3: We bought it before watching it, which I don't regret, but I also didn't find it as entertaining as the first two.

5 comments:

  1. Aww, your holidays sound lovely so far. I hope you enjoyed Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. That's my favorite Christmas movie! :)

    The Christmas Classics in general have been my favorite part of the holidays ever since I was a kid. Watching Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer transport me back to the Holidays of my childhood.

    For the first time I can finally have all 7 movies together in one beautifully packaged DVD box-set! And the music CD is wonderful if I do say so myself. You can buy this keepsake at any store where you buy DVDs, but it’s also available at http://www.christmasclassics.tv. I only know about it because I work with the company. It really does make a delightful gift, and the Christmas Classics DVD set is something my family and I will treasure for many Christmas seasons to come.

    Happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, but I already own it, hence the reason I watched the movie, as far as I know rudolph was not on the "Black Friday" TV schedule.

    Out of curiosity I would love to know how you stumbled upon my blog, I'm hoping you weren't using my blog as just some sales pitch because sadly this humble blog does not receive that high of an amount of hits, I'm not that popular I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys had a good ol' guymon thanksgiving. That video was so cute- Hannah is such a doll. I know how it is at that crazy Disney store. Sometimes the deals are too good to pass up. Especially if it is something they love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the first time??? They have had that stupid set out for like the last four years. What an annoyance. Why do people think its ok to come on and try and sell their products? ANNOYING!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share any comments or questions, however, I do reserve the right to delete off-topic, inflammatory, or anonymous comments.

Also if you try spamming my comments you will DEFINITELY be deleted as soon as I see it.