Wednesday, March 21, 2007

For Your Consideration

I first rented this movie a few weeks ago when it first came out, but then Blockbuster tricked me with their mis-advertisement of the greatness that is the Online Movie Pass, where I thought that Blockbuster totally rid themselves of late fees, and all movies had a two week renting time span before they just would hit you up with the cost of the DVD, as if you bought it. So I took back my movies I recieved by mail online and rented "For Your Consideration." took it home and tried to watch it that night, but I laid down in my BIG comfy bed and it was a little too late because I fell asleep and then ended up having to take it back before I got charged late fees.

This weekend I went back and rented it again, and started watching it earlier to avoid the whole falling asleep thing. The movie is about a group of unknown acters making a small low budget movie, while in production some of the actors catch wind of rumors floating around on different websites of some of the acters being nominated for Oscars.

One of the best things about this movie was it had one scene in paticular that I can totally relate to, where their is a graphic designer showing the Producer of the movie a few examples of different concepts she came up with for the movies promotional materials, such as movie posters, and DVD covers. Everytime the Graphic Designer would try to explain the concept behind the design, they couldn't ever get it, and were just so far off and more intrested in what made them feel good, which one of the samples had a picture of a guy holding baloons, and they went off on how Balloons make them happy, and reminds them of a party, but didn't really have anything to say about how it corresponded with the actual movie it was for. You would probably have to be a Graphic Designer to actually be able to apreciate this scene of the movie. Kind of like the business card scene in the movie, "American Psycho."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share any comments or questions, however, I do reserve the right to delete off-topic, inflammatory, or anonymous comments.

Also if you try spamming my comments you will DEFINITELY be deleted as soon as I see it.